[seminar] Nastupno predavanje dr. sc. Dino Novko u PETAK 25.11.2022. u 11:00h

Damir Dominko ddominko at ifs.hr
Thu Nov 24 12:12:53 CET 2022

Forwarded...**

petak, 25. studenog 2022., u 11:00 sati**
****
*Dynamically screened collective activities in layered and
two-dimensional materials*
**Dr.  sc. Dino Novko**
**
*Institut za fiziku, Zagreb***

In many-body perturbation theory, collective excitations play a
predominant role in understanding structural, electronic, and
vibrational properties of matter. For instance, phonons, collective
modes of ions, are instrumental for electrical resistivity, band gap
renormalizations, thermal conductivity, structural phase transitions,
charge density waves, and superconductivity. Plas-mons, collective
electronic excitations, are crucial in comprehending optical properties,
but can also compete and interact with phonons and, therefore, influence
ordered phases.  In this talk I will present an overview of my work
addressing these collective excitations in real materials, from the
density-functional-theory point of view. A particular emphasis will be
on the dynamical (nonadiabatic) effects of phonons and electron-phonon
coupling, role of dynamical screening, plasmon-phonon coupling,
dissipative effects, and ultrafast non-equilibrium dynamics. These
dynamical aspects are investigated in a number of bulk and
quasi-two-dimensional materials relevant in condensed matter physics and
material science, such as graphene, transition metal dichalcogenides,
magnesium diboride, and metal surfaces. In order to underline the
developed methodologies and the outcome of my theoretical studies, I
will single out the results of three projects, namely, transient
vibrational relaxation of ordered molecules on metal surfaces,
nonadiabatic renormalization of electron-phonon coupling in conventional
superconductors, and ultrafast dynamics of Dirac plasmon in graphene.
Finally, the presentation will also contain my future scientific and
funding plans.

Nastupno predavanje će se održati u velikoj predavaonici u 3. krilu
Instituta.

Predavanje ćete moći pratiti i putem Zoom-a:

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89982844098?pwd=RHlkSHY1djlieThuSTVUajdZNTEzZz09

Meeting ID: 899 8284 4098

Passcode: 730111

Predsjednik Znanstvenog vijeća Instituta za fiziku
dr. sc. Damir Starešinić