[seminar] Seminar @ Institute of Physics, Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 11:00, 3rd wing, big lecture hall

Damir Dominko ddominko at ifs.hr
Thu Nov 24 10:11:47 CET 2022

Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 11:00, IF 3rd wing, big lecture hall **

*High-Pressure tuning of magnetism and ferroelectricity in multiferroic
mixed-anion cuprates*
*prof. dr. Xavier Rocquefelte*
*Univ Rennes, CNRS, ISCR (Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes) UMR
6226, F-35000 Rennes, France
*

Magnetoelectric (ME) multiferroics (MF), which combine electric and
magnetic dipole orders, are multifunctional materials with a high
potential in new technologies. The main goal of our project is the
search of high-temperature and high-polarization (Ps) multiferroics,
i.e. with a large ME-MF coupling and thus large PS, operating at
room-temperature, and showing an electric-field magnetization reversal.
Here we will focus our attention on a promising family of compounds,
namely Cu2OX2 (with X = F, Cl, Br, I). Our strategy consists to both
consider chemical and physical pressures to tune the magnetic and thus
the multiferroic properties of these mixed-anion cuprates.

*LOCATION:* *Institute of Physics, 3rd wing, big lecture hall
*

*Seminar**hosts**: Neven Šantić <mailto:nsantic at ifs.hr> and _Damir
Dominko <mailto:ddominko at ifs.hr>_*