[seminar] Reminder for Seminar @ Institute of Physics, Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 11:00, 3rd wing, big lecture hall

Damir Dominko ddominko at ifs.hr
Wed Nov 30 09:43:38 CET 2022

-------- Original message --------From: Damir Dominko <ddominko at ifs.hr> Date: 24/11/2022  10:11  (GMT+01:00) To: seminar <seminar at phy.hr> Subject: Seminar @ Institute of Physics, Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 11:00, 3rd wing, big lecture hall

      Wednesday 30th November 2022 at 11:00, IF 3rd wing, big lecture
      hall

      High-Pressure
              tuning of magnetism and ferroelectricity in multiferroic
              mixed-anion cuprates
      prof. dr. Xavier Rocquefelte

      Univ Rennes, CNRS, ISCR (Institut des
              Sciences Chimiques de Rennes) UMR 6226, F-35000 Rennes,
              France

      Magnetoelectric (ME) multiferroics (MF),
        which combine electric and magnetic dipole orders, are
        multifunctional materials with a high potential in new
        technologies. The main goal of our project is the search of
        high-temperature and high-polarization (Ps) multiferroics, i.e.
        with a large ME-MF coupling and thus large PS, operating at
        room-temperature, and showing an electric-field magnetization
        reversal. Here we will focus our attention on a promising family
        of compounds, namely Cu2OX2 (with X = F, Cl, Br, I). Our
        strategy consists to both consider chemical and physical
        pressures to tune the magnetic and thus the multiferroic
        properties of these mixed-anion cuprates.

      LOCATION:  Institute of
          Physics, 3rd wing, big lecture hall

      Seminar hosts: Neven Šantić and Damir
                            Dominko