[seminar] 21. 05. 2021. Abhiram Kaushik: Constraints on the $g \to \pi^0$ fragmentation function from RHIC data

Sanjin Benić sanjinb at phy.hr
Tue May 11 08:40:33 CEST 2021

Drage kolegice i kolege,
Drago mi je da mogu najaviti sljedeci Seminar Fizičkog odsjeka:

Dear colleagues,
I would like to invite you to the following Seminar of the Department of
Physics:

petak/Friday  21.05.2021. u 9:00 h
link: https://zoom.us/j/8205066086
id: 820 506 6086

Constraints on the $g \to \pi^0$ fragmentation function from RHIC data

dr. sc. Abhiram Kaushik

Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb

In the first part, I talk about a reweighting of the NNFF1.0 fragmentation

functions using $\pi^0$ production data from colliders.

Historically, fits of fragmentation functions have only included
single-inclusive

annihilation ($e^+ e^- \to h+X$) data. The (relatively speaking) recent DSS

and AKK fits do include collider data. However, with all the FFs there
are issues

in the description of hadroproduction data at the Tevatron and LHC.

This is also an issue with the reweighted FFs I discuss. However, this leads to

the second part of the talk where I discuss how the systematic inclusion of

theoretical uncertainties - that is, uncertainties in the theory
calculation such

as due to truncation of perturbation theory at fixed order - could lead to a

reduction of tension between data and theory.tion functions using $\pi^0$

production data from colliders. Historically, fits of fragmentation functions

have only included single-inclusive annihilation ($e^+ e^- \to h+X$) data.

The (relatively speaking) recent DSS and AKK fits do include collider data.

However, with all the FFs there are issues in the description of

hadroproduction data at the Tevatron and LHC. This is also an issue with the

reweighted FFs I discuss. However, this leads to the second part of the talk

where I discuss how the systematic inclusion of theoretical
uncertainties - that

is, uncertainties in the theory calculation such as due to truncation of

perturbation theory at fixed order - could lead to a reduction of tension

between data and theory.

Cjeloviti oglas je u prilogu./Formatted announcement is attached.

Lijep pozdrav / Best regards
Sanjin Benic