[seminar] Seminar u ponedjeljak 16.09. - dr. sc. Mislav Baloković

Lana Ceraj lceraj at phy.hr
Fri Sep 13 11:59:08 CEST 2019

Dragi svi,

pozivam vas na seminar koji će se održati u ponedjeljak 16.09. u F201 (Fizički odsjek PMF-a, 2. kat) s početkom u 14:00h. Seminar će održati dr. sc. Mislav Baloković iz Centra za astrofiziku na Harvardu gdje radi kao postdoktorand. Mislav je član NuSTAR grupe i EHT (Event Horizon Telescope) kolaboracije, a u svom seminaru predstavit će svoj rad u području spektroskopskih opažanja aktivnih galaktičkih jezgara u rendengskom području kao i rad u sklopu EHT kolaboracije.

Naslov seminara:
Resolving the Accretion Flow Around Supermassive Black Holes Spectrally and Spatially

Sažetak seminara:
Despite the long history of studies of active galactic nuclei (AGN), details of the structure of the accretion flow onto supermassive black holes are still not well understood. I will present recent advances in unveiling properties of some AGN structures through broadband X-ray spectroscopy, with particular emphasis on the hard X-ray band (>10 keV per photon). With its unprecedented sensitivity in this energy band, the NuSTAR observatory provides the key observational diagnostics of the properties of the X-ray source in AGN, the corona, and the surrounding gas in the accretion disk, the broad-line region, and the torus. I will show how X-ray spectroscopy can be self-consistently combined with spatially resolved and multi-epoch data in order to help us understand the complexity of AGN structures. In the second part of the talk I will present the first results of the Event Horizon Telescope, which recently provided the first-ever resolved image of a black hole. Looking forward to the future, I will highlight advances expected from multi-wavelength observations and new instruments, including the proposed "X-ray Event Horizon Telescope".

Vidimo se u ponedjeljak.

Lijep pozdrav,
Lana Ceraj