[seminar] [seminar RBI-T-WINNING] [DANAS] D. Bečirević, 12.6., (utorak) 13 sati (c.t.) seminar ZTF-a, predavaona III krila

Anđelo Samsarov Andjelo.Samsarov at irb.hr
Tue Jun 12 09:52:12 CEST 2018

             SEMINAR  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

                          RBI-T-WINNING seminari

    Lepton Flavor Universality Violation: Window to physics beyond the
                        Standard Model

    Damir Bečirević
    LPT Orsay
    Paris, France

    Datum:  utorak, 12. lipnja 2018.
    Vrijeme: 13 sati c.t.
    Mjesto: IRB, predavaona III krila

Sažetak:

Recently observed discrepancies between the Standard model theory and the
experimental measurements of semileptonic
$B$-meson decays indicate the violation of one of the basic premisses of the
Standard Model: lepton flavor universality.
Such deviations are observed in both the decays mediated by charged currents
and those by flavor changing neutral ones.
I will explain the origin of the discrepancies and based on the effective
field theory approach, I will identify the sources of
physics beyond the Standard Model. I will then review the scenarios beyond
the Standard Model capable of accommodating
the above-mentioned deviations and propose a viable scenario which entails
only two $\mathcal{O}(1\,\mathrm{TeV})$
scalar leptoquarks beyond  the Standard Model. Curiously that scenario
allows for a $SU(5)$ unification.

Voditelj seminara: Anđelo Samsarov (asamsarov at irb.hr)