[seminar] Damjan Pelc, F-201, petak 13. 7. 2018 u 14:15

Danko Radic dradic at phy.hr
Sat Jul 7 18:04:55 CEST 2018

Cijenjeni kolege*,
zadovoljstvo mi je pozvati vas na seminar FO:

mjesto: FO, F-201
vrijeme: petak 13. 7. 2018 u 14:15

izlagač: Damjan Pelc  (sadašnja afilijacija: School of Physics and
Astronomy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA)

naslov: Nonlinear response in superconductors

sažetak:
Nonlinear response to low-frequency electromagnetic fields is an
experimental technique that is rarely used to study superconductors.
However, it is capable of providing a wealth of information beyond what is
possible with the standard linear response measurements. I will discuss
two distinct classes of nonlinear response, their symmetry properties, and
how they can be employed to study unconventional superconductors. The
experimental approach enables new insights into the physics of some of the
most explored materials: I will show how nonlinear susceptibility can be
used to detect chiral edge currents in candidate triplet superconductors,
and demonstrate the sensitivity of nonlinear response to superconducting
fluctuations above the macroscopic transition temperature. The latter is
used to reveal a surprising universal precursor regime in different
perovskite-based superconductors, including the high-Tc cuprates. Finally,
I will discuss possible extensions and future directions for nonlinear
response measurements in complex materials.

Srdačan pozdrav,
-Danko Radić i Mihael Makek