[seminar] reminder: Nobutoshi Yasutake (Tue 29th Aug, 11:00, F-201)

Ivica Smolic ismolic at phy.hr
Tue Aug 29 10:15:40 CEST 2017

Dr. Nobutoshi Yasutake
(Department of Physics, Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan)

"Inhomogeneous phases in the core of neutron stars"

Tuesday 29th August, 11:00h, F-201

In this seminar, we introduce the possibility of two types of
inhomogeneous phases in the core of neutron stars: one is the Coulomb
crystal, which is known as quark-hadron pasta structures, and another
one is chiral crystal. The optimal structures are obtained by a
numerical approach based on the valuational principle in the both
cases. In Coulomb crystal, the inhomogeneous phase appears as the
result of the balance between the surface tension and Coulomb
interaction. In chiral crystal, we study the inhomogeneous chiral
condensation, which has space dependency. In the simple model in 1+1
dimension, this condensation has the same formulation with FFLO state,
which is well known in the condensed matter physics. We hope fruitful
discussion and comments through this seminar.