[seminar] [Svima] POZIV - predavanja o superrezoluciji na MIPOMAT projektu (fwd)

Kornelija Passek-Kumericki passek at irb.hr
Mon Feb 8 12:17:15 CET 2016

Poštovani,

U okviru ESF projekta “Mreže za profesionalno usavršavanje mladih
znanstvenika u interdisciplinarnim istraživanjima inovativnih površina i
materijala (MIPoMat)” održat će se dva predavanja gostujućih predavača na
temu superrezolucije u petak, 12. veljače 2016. u dvorani III krila.

11h Prof.dr. Theo Lasser

Seeing is believing (Voir est saVoir)

Abstract:

This talk is an invitation for a promenade into tissue structure and
function and cell and subcellular organelles (see image aside). Relying on
coherent imaging techniques we will try to see “diabetes”, to look into the
brain for Alzheimer disease and we will finish our walk with novel insights
on the cellular level based on SOFI, providing 3D and even 4D superresolved
images of living cells.

We will try to present the underlying optical concepts, and conclude with an
outlook for imaging with applications in medicine and lifesciences.

About lecturer:

Prof. Theo Lasser is a full professor at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de
Lausanne and leads the Laboratoire d’Optique Biomédicale (LOB).

His research focuses on functional imaging, the development of coherent
imaging methods and its application in medicine and life sciences. Low
coherence microscopy (OCM) and high speed Laser Doppler Imaging (LDI) with
applications in diabetes, neuroscience and infectious diseases represent
well current research interests. Fluorescence microscopy and spectroscopy
and in particular superresolution imaging (SOFI) applied to cell imaging
complement this research.

14,30h Prof.dr. Aleksandra Rađenović: Single molecule localization
microscopy from pretty images to powerful quantitative tool

Abstract:

Single Molecule Localization Microscopy (SMLM) and Atomic force microscopy
(AFM) have the potential to resolve nanoscale structures on living cells. To
obtain structural information from AFM together with functional information
from SMLM we constructed a combined AFM/SMLM microscope for correlated
imaging of living cells. We believe that bridging the gap between AFM and
SMLM and visualizing structural dynamics with nanoscale resolution directly
correlated with the single molecule resolved localization of biomolecules
has the potential to enhance our understanding of biomolecules at work.

About lecturer:

Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Rađenović is Associate Professor of Bioengineering at
the School of Engineering, EPFL (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne).

Her research focuses on

·         nanobiotechnology: nanopore based force spectroscopy and its
application to DNA binding

proteins and the mechanism of polymer (DNA/RNA) translocation through
nanopores,

·         nano-electronics and photonics: integration of semiconductor
nanowires in water by optical trapping development of novel nano-devices for
biological imaging and detectors for biomarkers, and

·         super resolution microscopy

U očekivanju Vašeg dolaska,

MIPOMAT projektni tim