[seminar] [DANAS] Tomislav Prokopec, ponedjeljak, 8.2.2016, 14h c.t., predavaona I krila

Kornelija Passek-Kumerički Kornelija.Passek-Kumericki at irb.hr
Mon Feb 8 08:56:33 CET 2016

Seminar Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku, IRB

Tomislav Prokopec
University of Utrecht

Quantum Scalar Corrections to the Gravitational Potentials on de
Sitter Background

Datum:  ponedjeljak 8. veljače 2016.
Vrijeme: 14h c.t
Mjesto: IRB, predavaona I krila

Abstract

This talk is based on work with Anja Marunovic (arXiv:1101.5059
[gr-qc], arXiv:1209.4779 [hep-th]) and on
recent work with with S. Park and R. P. Woodard (arXiv:1510.03352 ).
We employ the graviton self-energy induced by a massless, minimally coupled
scalar on de Sitter background to compute the quantum corrections to
the gravitational potentials of a static point particle with a mass M.
The Schwinger-Keldysh formalism is used to derive real and causal effective
field equations. When evaluated at the one-loop order, the gravitational
potentials exhibit a secular decrease in the observed gravitational
coupling G.
This can also be interpreted as a (time dependent) anti-screening of
the mass M.