[seminar] Izvanredan znanstveni seminar Hrvatskog fizikalnog drustva: DANAS 14:00 sati, F-102 (FO-PMF)

Mihael S. Grbić mgrbic at phy.hr
Fri Oct 16 09:17:31 CEST 2015

Poštovani kolege,
*danas* će se izvanredno na *Fizičkom odsjeku u prostoriji F-102 u
14:00* sati održati združeni znanstveni _seminar Hrvatskog fizikalnog
društva i Fizičkog odsjeka.__
___
Gost predavač je *Clifford Hicks *sa Max-Planck-Institut fur Chemische
Physik fester Stoffe, Dresden (Njemačka), a *p**redavanje se odnosi na
napredak u postizanju uniaksijalnog tlaka i rezultati korištenja tehnike
u jako koreliranim sustavima*. Sažetak slijedi:

"Strain-tuning of the Correlated Electron Materials Sr2RuO4 and Sr3Ru2O7

In this seminar I present results of uniaxial pressure experiments using
a new piezoelectric-based apparatus, that can both compress and tension
test samples, and that can apply much higher pressures, with greater
homogeneity, than previous anvil-based techniques. I present results on
Sr2RuO4, a superconductor with a Fermi surface that passes very close to
a van Hove singularity. Through compression of the lattice by ~1%, we
are able to tune through this van Hove singularity. Doing so strengthens
the superconductivity dramatically. I also present results on Sr3Ru2O7,
a material with a novel quantum critical phase that has long been
thought, through the effects of electronic correlations alone, to have
lower symmetry than the lattice. We find that this phase responds
strongly to strain-tuning, but the evidence is that it has the C4
symmetry of the lattice, albeit with a high susceptibility to
anisotropic fields.

This study is very relevant to analysis of other compounds, including
cuprate and iron pnictide superconductors, where C4 to C2 symmetry
reduction plays a strong role."

Nadam se da ćete se odazvati u velikom broju,
                                                          Mihael Grbić

--

asst. prof. Mihael S. GRBIC
email: mgrbic at phy.hr