[seminar] Astro Journal Club on 14 October - Visitor Talk: Sotiria Fotopoulou

Oskari Miettinen oskari at phy.hr
Tue Oct 13 15:08:30 CEST 2015

Dear all,

Our Astro Journal Club will be held on Wednesday at 3:00 pm in the seminar
room F-201 of the Physics Department. This time we will have a talk given
by our visitor Sotiria Fotopoulou from the Department of Astronomy,
University of Geneva ch. d'Ecogia, Switzerland.

Title: The XXL-1000-AGN: the brightest X-ray point sources of the XXL survey

Abstract: The XXL survey is the widest XMM-Newton field covering two
fields of 50deg^2 with a plethora of supporting multwavelength data. In
this talk, I will present the first data release of the XXL point source
catalog and discuss a novel source classification method and the
estimation methods of the AGN luminosity function.

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!

Cheers,
Oskari