[seminar] DANAS: Predavanje Shapiro, 11:00 c.t., IRB, I krilo

Larisa Jonke larisa at irb.hr
Thu Mar 28 08:31:50 CET 2013

  SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
  (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku,
  Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku i Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

  Quantum Gravity from the Quantum Field Theory Perspective II

  Ilya L. Shapiro
  Universidade federal de Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil

  Drugo u  SERIJI PREDAVANJA
  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, predavaonica I krila
  Srijeda, 27. ozujka, 11:00 c.t.

  Sazetak:
  A short introductory and review course in perturbative Quantum
  Gravity. We describe the Lagrangian quantization and sketch the
  standard demonstration of diffeomorphism invariant renormalizability
  of the theory.
  The analysis of power counting shows that there are possibilities for
  non-renormalizable, renormalizable and super-renormalizable models of
  Quantum Gravity, but in the last two cases we meet a problem of
  unphysical massive ghosts and unitarity of S-matrix for gravitons.
  Possible solutions of this problem are discussed, including some
  related to the effective
  approach to Quantum Field Theory (QFT). Alternative possibilities
  include various versions (in general, very different) of induced
  gravity and also treating Quantum Gravity as effective QFT at low
  energies. Some critical considerations concerning the last case are
  given.

  Voditeljica seminara:
  Larisa Jonke