[seminar] Jiangyang You, 2. prosinac 2011. (petak) u 15:00 c.t., IRB, predavaona I krila

Goran Duplancic goran.duplancic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:08:44 CET 2011

INSTITUT Rudjer Boskovic
ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU  FIZIKU
(Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku i
Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a i
Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

Jiangyang You, Institut Rudjer Boskovic

"Progress on gauge theory on noncommutative Moyal space"

Vrijeme: 2. prosinac 2011. (petak), 15:00 c.t.

Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, predavaona I krila

 Sazetak:
Particle physics model building on noncommutative Moyal space has started
for many years. Among the resulting models, the noncommutative gauge theory
based on Seiberg-Witten map was considered promising. However, such models
were limited for a long time by the approximative expansion over the
noncommutative
parameter $\theta$ in expressing the map. Also, there were questions
concerning
the method's compatibility with the seesaw mechanism for neutrino mass. In
this talk
we present our recent progress on overcoming both issues and discuss a few
applications.
Some potential open problems will also be addressed.

Voditelj seminara:
Goran Duplancic (gorand at thphys.irb.hr)