[seminar] Michele Arzano, 25. svibnja 2011. (srijeda) u 15:00 c.t., IRB, dvorana I krila

Hrvoje Nikolic hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Mon May 16 12:42:19 CEST 2011

       INSTITUT Rudjer Boskovic
       ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
       Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                      SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU  FIZIKU
             (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku i
                 Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

         Michele Arzano, Institute for Theoretical Physics,
                         Utrecht University, Netherlands

      "Anatomy of a deformed symmetry:
      field quantization on curved momentum space"

       Vrijeme:  25. svibnja 2011. (srijeda), 15:00, c.t.

       Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, dvorana I krila

       Sazetak:
Relativistic particles with momentum space described by a
group manifold provide a very interesting link between (quantum)
gravity, quantum group symmetries and non-commutative field theories.
I will discuss the construction of a one-particle Hilbert space from
the classical k-deformed phase space (a well studied model of
relativistic kinematics with curved momentum space) and show how
curvature in momentum space leads to an ambiguity in the quantization
procedure reminiscent of the ambiguities one finds when quantizing
fields in curved space-times. Moving to the multiparticle sector I
will discuss how the quantum group symmetry of the Hilbert space
induces additional structure which reflects in a non-trivial,
momentum-dependent statistics. The richer structure of the deformed
Fock space allows for the possibility of entanglement between the
field modes and "planckian" degrees of freedom.

      Voditelj seminara:
      Hrvoje Nikolic (hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)