[seminar] DANAS - Laure Gouba, 30. ozujka 2011. (srijeda) u 11:00 c.t., IRB, dvorana I krila

Hrvoje Nikolic hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Wed Mar 30 10:08:07 CEST 2011

       INSTITUT Rudjer Boskovic
       ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
       Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                      SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU  FIZIKU
             (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku i
                 Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

         Laure Gouba, ICTP, Trieste, Italy

     "Noncommutative Quantum Mechanics viewed in term of extended objects"

       Vrijeme:  30. ozujka 2011. (srijeda), 11:00 c.t.

       Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, dvorana I krila

       Sazetak:
We explore the notion of spatial extent and structure, already alluded to in
earlier literature, within the formulation of quantum mechanics on the
noncommutative plane. Introducing the notion of average position and its
measurement, we find two equivalent pictures: a constrained local
description in position containing additional degrees of freedom, and an
unconstrained nonlocal description in terms of the position without any other
degree of freedom. The local description is
found to be the most convenient as it manifestly displays additional
information about structure of quantum states that is more subtly encoded in
the nonlocal, unconstrained description.
Subsequently, we use this picture to discuss the free particle.

      Voditelj seminara:
      Hrvoje Nikolic (hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)