[seminar] SEMINAR na IF-u u CETVRTAK, 01. 07. 2010.

Berislav Horvatic horvatic at ifs.hr
Mon Jun 28 16:04:38 CEST 2010

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,

      predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić

      četvrtak, 1. srpnja 2010, u 15:00 sati

      Two-Dimensional Electronic Spectroscopy

      - Principles and Examples

      Dr. Jürgen Hauer

      Ultrafast Dynamics Group, Institute of Physics,

      University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria

      E-mail: juergen.hauer at univie.ac.at

      Two-dimensional electronic spectroscopy (2D-ES) with ultrashort pulses is a state-of-the-art tool for the investigation of molecular dynamics, line broadening mechanisms and molecular coherence phenomena. The standard technique for studying molecular processes after electronic excitation is pump-probe. In this talk, I will show that 2D-ES yields valuable information unattainable with other techniques. I will discuss several experimental studies where 2D-ES lead to insightful and experimentally well-founded perspectives on intricate molecular photodynamics. Examples are the excition dynamics in a tubular aggregate, the deactivation network in carotenoids and the relaxation pathways in an artificial light harvesting system. In an outlook, I will demonstrate how 2D-ES is easily implemented and upgraded by the use of pulse shaping devices.

      http://www.univie.ac.at/ultrafast-dynamics/

      http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-8633-2008

      Voditelji seminara IF-a:  Berislav Horvatić  &  Marko Kralj