[seminar] DANAS 31.03: A. Borowiec (IRB, I krilo,11.00 c.t.)

Larisa Jonke larisa at irb.hr
Mon Mar 30 23:47:30 CEST 2009

      INSTITUT "Ruder Boskovic"
      ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
      Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                     SEMINAR TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE
            (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za fiziku PMF-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku  IRB-a)

     Prof. Andrzej Borowiec
     Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Wroclaw, Poland

     "kappa-Minkowski spacetime as the result of Jordanian twist deformation"

      Vrijeme:  31. ozujka 2009. (utorak) 11.00, c.t.

      Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, predavaonica I krila

      Sazetak:   Two one-parameter families of twists providing
kappa-Minkowski star-product deformed spacetime
are considered: Abelian and Jordanian. We compare the derivation of quantum
Minkowski space from two perspectives. The first one is the Hopf module
algebra point of view, which is strictly related with Drinfeld's twisting
tensor technique. The other one relies on an appropriate extension of
"deformed realizations" of non-deformed Lorentz algebra by the quantum
Minkowski algebra. This extension turns out to be de Sitter Lie algebra. We
show the way both approaches are related. The second path allows us to
calculate deformed
dispersion relations for toy models ensuing from different twist parameters.
In the Abelian case one recovers kappa-Poincare dispersion relations having
numerous applications in doubly special relativity. Jordanian twists provide
a new type of dispersion relations which in the minimal case (related to
Weyl-Poincare algebra) takes an energy-dependent linear mass deformation
form.

             Voditeljica seminara:
             Larisa Jonke (larisa at irb.hr)