[seminar] 27. 07. 2022. Zhigang Chen: Nonlinearity-controlled photonic topological states

Sanjin Benić sanjinb at phy.hr
Fri Jul 22 12:26:27 CEST 2022

Drage kolegice i kolege,
Drago mi je da mogu najaviti sljedeći Kolokvij Fizičkog odsjeka:

Dear colleagues,
I would like to invite you to the following Colloqium of the Department of
Physics:

srijeda/Wednesday 27.07.2022. u 11:00 u F102

poveznica: https://zoom.us/j/8205066086
id: 820 506 6086

Nonlinearity-controlled photonic topological states

*Zhigang Chen*

The MOE Key Laboratory of Weak-Light Nonlinear Photonics,

TEDA Applied Physics Institute and School of Physics,

Nankai University, Tianjin, China

In nature, there are numerous distinct phenomena mediated by

symmetry, topology, and nonlinearity, even though a complex system

simultaneously exhibiting all these features seems hard to attain.

Recent advances with synthetic photonic structures, however,

opened the door for exploring many intriguing phenomena mediated

by the interplay of these concepts. In this talk, I will highlight

a few related demonstrations, including nonlinearity-induced

nontrivial mode coupling between bulk and topological edge states,

nonlinear tuning of parity-time symmetry and non-Hermitian

topological states, and nonlinear control of BIC-like and

p-orbital-like corner states in crystalline higher-order

topological insulators (HOTIs).

Cjeloviti oglas je u prilogu./Formatted announcement is attached.

Lijep pozdrav / Best regards
Sanjin Benic i Damjan Pelc