[seminar] Seminar 13.12.2022. Alessandro Scordo, Frascati

Damjan Pelc dpelc at phy.hr
Mon Dec 12 12:00:02 CET 2022

Drage kolegice i kolege,
zadovoljstvo nam je najaviti sljedeći seminar Fizičkog odsjeka:

Dear colleagues,
it is our pleasure to invite you to the following seminar of the Department
of Physics:

utorak/Tuesday *13.12.2022. 11:00, F12*

Present and future kaonic atoms measurements with new generation radiation
detectors

Alessandro Scordo
Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Italy

Kaonic atoms are still the most suitable tool to improve our knowledge on
the interaction of strange particles with nucleons at very low energies,
where perturbative approaches fail to describe the outcomes of the
experiments carried on until now. Many measurement on kaonic atoms'
transitions are available, dating back to 1970's; however, the most recent
measurements performed at KEK and DAFNE in the latest years seem to suggest
that at least part of them may be wrong. A renewal of the database of
kaonic atoms transitions is then mandatory, and requires different type of
radiation detectors spanning from from few keV to 300 keV in detection
efficiency and from few eV to few keV in resolution (FHWM). In this
seminar, a panoramic of the kaonic atoms database will be presented,
together with the new proposed experiments to be performed at DAFNE and/or
JPARC and the detectors to be used.

Lijepi pozdrav / best regards
Sanjin Benić & Damjan Pelc