[seminar] SEMINAR Wednesday 06.11 at 14:00, IRB, seminar ZTF-a

Oleg Antipin Oleg.Antipin at irb.hr
Mon Nov 4 10:46:43 CET 2019

SEMINAR
Wednesday 06.11 at 14:00,
IRB, seminar ZTF-a

Speaker:
Salvatore Marco Giampaolo

Title:
Exploiting entanglement to detect axions

Abstract:
We propose a new approach in the investigation and detection of axion
and axion--like particles based on the study of the entanglement for
two interacting fermions.
Indeed, the evolution driven by axions--induced interaction between
two identical spin -1/2 fermions induces a non-zero entanglement which
detection is a proof of the existence of the axions. We show how it is
possible to design the experiment to suppress the contribution to the
entanglement of all other interactions. A particular care is devoted
to the analysis of the contribution of the magnetic dipole--dipole
interaction, that results to be the most relevant source of noice in
our approach.
We show that its contribution to the entanglement can be suppressed by
setting opportunely the duration of the experiment. Moreover, to
extend the range of validity of our approach, we introduce a two--body
correlation function which can be directly observed in an experiment
and plays the role of an entanglement witness.