[seminar] Fwd: Pristupno predavanje - D. Majumder, 06.05.2019., 14.30 sati, Van de Graaff

Dinko Ferencek Dinko.Ferencek at irb.hr
Fri May 3 14:05:47 CEST 2019

*INSTITUT RUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ*

Z A G R E B

Znanstveno vijeće struke fizika

*P R I S T U P N O P R E D A V A N J E*

Ponedjeljak, 06.05.2019., seminar Van de Graaff akceleratora u 14.30 sati

*Search for new physics at the LHC with Higgs boson pair-production*

*Dr. Devdatta Majumder *

University of Kansas

CMS Collaboration, CERN

Abstract:

"Now that a Higgs boson has been discovered at the CERN Large Hadron
Collider (LHC), it serves as a useful tool in the discovery of physics
beyond the standard model (BSM). In this talk, I will present searches for
BSM physics using pairs of Higgs bosons with LHC data collected by the CMS
experiment. Several BSM signatures predict Higgs bosons with large Lorentz
boosts and special reconstruction and identification techniques are used to
distinguish these from background events. I will review the identification
methods and detector technology used for reconstructing boosted Higgs
bosons decaying to bottom quark–antiquark pairs. I will conclude with
remarks on how new measurements are being made possible using boosted Higgs
bosons, and the prospects for new physics searches at the high luminosity
LHC."