[seminar] predavanje dr. Melanie Bailey, utorak 11.6.2019. u trećem krilu IRBa

Iva Bogdanović Radović iva at irb.hr
Thu Jun 6 12:55:12 CEST 2019

Poštovani,

Zadovoljstvo mi je pozvati vas na predavanje “From fingerprints to gunshot residue: current research in forensic science at the University of Surrey” koje će održati dr. Melanie Bailey, Senior Lecturer in Forensic Analysis and EPSRC Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK.

Predavanje će se održati u utorak, 11.6.2019. u 13:00 sati na Institutu Ruđer Bošković u dvorani III krila.

 Abstract:

Our team are exploring novel techniques for rapid, direct analysis of traces using mass spectrometry. We are also exploring high resolution imaging of trace elements and biomolecules using mass spectrometry and accelerator techniques.  In this presentation, we will give an overview these techniques and their potential applications.  Our current research in forensics comprises rapid detection of explosives, chemical imaging of fingermarks, drug testing from fingerprints and the application of accelerator techniques to traces such as gunshot residues, soils and paints.

 Melanie Bailey is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) of forensic and Analytical Science at the University of Surrey.  Her research group is currently funded by the UK Electronics and Physical Sciences Research Council to develop mass spectrometry techniques that can be used alongside ion beam analysis. She has worked with the International Atomic Energy Agency to develop an international Co-ordinated Research Programme on using ion beam analysis in forensics, which is now underway.

 Veselimo se vašem dolasku,

Srdačan pozdrav,

 Iva Bogdanović Radović

doc.dr. Iva Bogdanovic Radovic
Senior scientist
Rudjer Boskovic Institute &
Center of Excellence for Advanced
Materials and Sensing Devices
Bijenicka 54
10000 Zagreb
Croatia

Email: iva at irb.hr <mailto:iva at irb.hr>
Telephone: +385 1 4571 227 <tel:+385%201%204571%C2%A0227>
fax. +385 1 4680 239 <tel:+385%201%204680%20239>
http://www.irb.hr/eng/People/Ivancica-Bogdanovic-Radovic <http://www.irb.hr/eng/People/Ivancica-Bogdanovic-Radovic>