[seminar] M. Cerezo, 20.9. (četvrtak) 15h (c.t.), seminar ZTF-a

Anđelo Samsarov Andjelo.Samsarov at irb.hr
Tue Sep 18 17:37:22 CEST 2018

         SEMINAR  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

     Factorization and Criticality in Spin Systems

     Marco Cerezo
     Departamento de Fisica-IFLP,
     Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina

    Datum: četvrtak, 20. rujna 2018.
    Vrijeme: 15 sati c.t.
    Mjesto: IRB, predavaona I krila

    Sažetak

   The exact ground state (GS) of interacting spin systems in an
external magnetic field is typically an entangled state.
However, under certain conditions these systems can possess a
completely separable GS, i.e., a factorized GS which can be
expressed as the product of single spin states.
In this talk I'll go trough some well known results for  factorization
in spin systems, then I present general conditions for  the existence
of non-transverse factorizing magnetic fields in  general spin arrays
with anisotropic couplings of arbitrary range.
Finally, I'll review some interesting cases in which the study of
factorization has allowed us to determine novel critical
phenomena and has enabled us to introduce the idea of "separable
ground state" engineering
(i.e., separable states which can be useful for quantum information
and quantum computation applications).

Voditelj seminara: Anđelo Samsarov (asamsarov at irb.hr)

http://thphys.irb.hr/Seminar/list.htm