[seminar] Seminar FO: Dr. Lara Nava, 29.05.2018 u 14:00h F25

Danko Radic dradic at phy.hr
Thu May 24 13:52:35 CEST 2018

Cijenjeni kolege,
seminar FO, utorak 29.05.2018. u 14h (F25):

dr. Lara Nava

INAF Research Centre: Osservatorio Astronomico di Brera, Osservatorio
Astronomico di Trieste

Naslov:
High and very-high energy emission from Gamma-Ray Bursts

Sažetak:
The physical origin of the temporally extended (>100 seconds) high-energy
emission
(0.1-100 GeV) detected from Gamma-Ray Bursts (GRB) by the Fermi/LAT
instrument has
not been completely understood. The temporal and spectral properties of
this long
lasting emission are providing increasing evidence in favour of an
external shock
scenario, where the radiation is produced by electrons accelerated at the
relativistic shock developed in interactions between the jet and the external
medium. In this talk, I will give an overview of the state-of-the-art of GRB
observations at GeV and TeV energies and discuss the potential of such
observations
in improving our still poor understanding of processes producing radiation in
relativistic jets. Prospects for GRB detections with the upcoming CTA
observatory
will also be discussed, with particular emphasis on their fundamental role in
revealing the nature of mechanisms powering GRB radiation.

Srdačno,
D. Radić i M. Makek