[seminar] (Srijeda 27.6.2018., 14:00, F-201) Conformal symmetry in the Standard Model and Gravity

Mihael Makek makek at phy.hr
Tue Jun 26 11:09:06 CEST 2018

Poštovane kolegice i kolege,

podsjećam Vas na sutrašnji seminar koji će održati prof. Tomislav Prokopec
sa Instituta za teorijsku fiziku, Sveučilišta u Utrechthu, pod nazivom:

Conformal symmetry in the Standard Model and Gravity

Mjesto: Fizički odsjek, F-201
Vrijeme: srijeda 27. 6. 2018. u 14:00 (točno)

Dear colleagues,

I kindly remind you about the seminar to be held tomorrow by prof.
Tomislav Prokopec from Institute for Theoretical Physics, Utrecht
University, Netherlands. The title of his talk is:

Conformal symmetry in the Standard Model and Gravity

Location: Department of Physics, F-201
Time: 14:00 on Wednesday, June 27th, 2018

----SEMINAR ABSTRACT--------------------------------------------------

I will discuss prospects of formulating simple extensions of the standard
model and gravity that exhibit local Weyl symmetry in the ultraviolet. The
principal advantage of such constructions is that they naturally address
the gauge and gravitational hierarchy problem. Furthermore,  I will argue
that Cartan-Einstein gravity provides a natural framework for conformal
symmetry, as this theory contains torsion vector which can be interpreted
as the Weyl vector. One of the main predictions of conformal theories of
gravity are torsion waves which can be in principle detected by
gravitational wave observatories. Finally, I will also discuss other
potential observable consequences of conformal symmetry arising from
electroweak symmetry breaking and inflation.

This talk is based on:
e-Print:arXiv:1805.09292 [hep-ph],
arXiv:1804.00926 [gr-qc],
arXiv:1801.05258 [hep-ph],