[seminar] [DANAS] Kumar S. Gupta , 14.6. (četvrtak) 14h (c.t.), seminar ZTF-a

Anđelo Samsarov Andjelo.Samsarov at irb.hr
Thu Jun 14 10:25:21 CEST 2018

       SEMINAR  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

     Entanglement dynamics following a sudden quench - an exact approach

      Kumar S. Gupta
      Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics,
      Kolkata, India

    Datum:  četvrtak, 14. lipnja 2018.
    Vrijeme: 14 sati c.t.
    Mjesto: IRB, predavaona I krila

   Sažetak:

     We present an exact and fully analytical treatment of the entanglement
dynamics for an isolated system of $N$ coupled oscillators following a
sudden quench of the system parameters. The system is analyzed using the
solutions of the time dependent Schrodinger's equation, which are obtained
by solving the corresponding nonlinear Ermakov equations. The entanglement
entropies exhibit a multi-oscillatory behaviour, where the number of
dynamically generated time scales increases with $N$. The harmonic chains
exhibit entanglement revival and for larger values of $N (> 10)$, we find
near-critical logarithmic scaling for the entanglement entropy, which is
modulated by a time dependent factor. The $N=2$ case is equivalent to the
two site Bose-Hubbard model in the tunneling regime, which is amenable to
empirical realization in cold atom systems.

Voditelj seminara: Anđelo Samsarov (asamsarov at irb.hr)

http://thphys.irb.hr/Seminar/list.htm