[seminar] [PODSJETNIK] Twinning Lectures - Sébastien Descotes-Genon (June, 8th, June 11th)

Kornelija Passek-Kumericki passek at irb.hr
Fri Jun 8 08:27:09 CEST 2018

Poštovani,

U prilogu je obavijest o predavanjima serije Twinning Lectures, koja će se
održati u petak 8. lipnja i ponedjeljak 11. lipnja 2018. od 10 sati, kao dio
aktivnosti u sklopu projekta RBI-T-WINNING.

Predavanja na temu Determining the CKM matrix održat će gost predavač Dr.
Sébastien Descotes-Genon sa Laboratoire de Physique Théorique (LPT Orsay).
Predavanja se održavaju u dvorani 3. krila.

Ljubazno Vas molimo da informaciju o predavanjima proslijedite svima
zainteresiranima.

Sažetak:
In these lectures, I will discuss the Cabibbo-Kobayashi-Maskawa matrix
that is the source of CP violation in the quark sector of the Standard Model
of
particle physics. After a brief introduction, I will describe the
various experimental and theoretical pieces of information used to constrain
this
matrix, before discussing the global image that emerges when they
are combined together.

Raspored:
S. Descotes-Genon, predavanje 1: petak 8. lipnja 2018., 10 sati, dvorana 3.
krila, IRB
S. Descotes-Genon, predavanje 2: ponedjeljak . 11. lipnja  2018., 10 sati,
dvorana 3. krila, IRB.

*RBI-T-WINNING projekt financiran je kroz program HORIZON 2020 -
Coordination and support action - Spreading Excellence, Widening
Participation (Ugovor o dodjeli bespovratnih sredstava broj 692194).

Dear all,

We are glad to announce a new set of Twinning lectures, which will be
delivered by Dr. Sébastien Descotes-Genon (Laboratoire de Physique
Théorique, Orsay) on June 8th and June 11th from 10 a.m. The title of these
lectures is Determining the CKM matrix.

Please feel free to share this information with those who might be
interested to attend.

Abstract:
In these lectures, I will discuss the Cabibbo-Kobayashi-Maskawa matrix
that is the source of CP violation in the quark sector of the Standard Model
of
particle physics. After a brief introduction, I will describe the
various experimental and theoretical pieces of information used to constrain
this
matrix, before discussing the global image that emerges when they
are combined together.

Lectures schedule:
S. Descotes-Genon: Lecture 1, Friday 8 June 2018, 10 a.m., Lecture hall 3.
wing, RBI
S. Descotes-Genon: Lecture 2, Monday 11 June 2018, 10 a.m., Lecture hall 3.
wing, RBI.

*Twinning Lectures series is delivered as part of the RBI-T-WINNING project
which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research
and innovation programme under grant agreement No 692194.

With best regards,

RBI Twinning Team
rbi-t-winning.irb.hr