[seminar] Astro Journal Club becomes Abstract Coffee Club

Lana Ceraj lceraj at phy.hr
Thu Feb 22 15:05:59 CET 2018

Dear all,

we are changing the format of Astro Journal Club from seminar type to a more casual form.

The so-called "Abstract Coffee Club" would be a casual weekly gathering of astronomers and astronomy enthusiasts over coffee (for instance in the blue room at the Department of Physics, TBD). Each participant would verbally present a paper he/she found interesting, and that has come out on arXiv that week. The idea is for each participant to go through abstract and conclusions of a paper, and present it in a way to initiate conversation with and between others.

This way, we'd move from a standard, lecture-type seminar, to a more dynamical and engaging form.

All of you who are willing to participate in our Abstract Coffee Club (ACC), please contact me via this email (lceraj at phy.hr <mailto:lceraj at phy.hr>) to include you in a doodle poll to choose the best day/time for the ACC.

Cheers,
Lana