[seminar] [DANAS] U. Marzolino, 13.4. (petak) 14h (c.t.), serija predavanja, ZTF

Anđelo Samsarov Andjelo.Samsarov at irb.hr
Fri Apr 13 12:42:37 CEST 2018

        SERIJA PREDAVANJA U SKLOPU SEMINARA  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

     Theory of entanglement, 2nd lecture

      Ugo Marzolino
      IRB, Zavod za teorijsku fiziku

    Datum:  petak, 13. travnja 2018.
    Vrijeme: 14 sati c.t.
    Mjesto: IRB, predavaona I krila

   Sažetak:

  I will introduce the notion of entanglement starting from the basic
ingredients of quantum mechanics. I will discuss its interpretation as
a genuine quantum correlation, and elaborate on its properties. In
particular I will cover some fundamental results on entanglement
manipulation, measurement, and usability for information-theoretic
processing.

Afterwards, I will discuss how the notion of indistinguishability of
identical constituents interferes with the above picture. I will
expose the difficulties towards a meaningful definition of
entanglement for identical particles. It will turn out that an
algebraic formalism, based on observables and operators rather than
states, will be more appropriate to account for both identical and
distinguishable particles.

Voditelj seminara: Anđelo Samsarov (asamsarov at irb.hr)

http://thphys.irb.hr/Seminar/list.htm