[seminar] Podsjetnik: Danas u 14:00, Twinning Lectures - Andrea Romanino (15 - 17 May 2017)

RBI- T-WINNING rbi.t.winning at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:15:38 CEST 2017

Dear all,

It is our great pleasure to announce another set of *Twinning lectures*
<http://rbi-t-winning.irb.hr/index.php?title=Lectures>:
In the week of May 15, the Division of Theoretical Physics will host *Andrea
Romanino*, Full Professor of the International School for Advanced Studies
(SISSA, Trieste) who will give lectures on *Selected topics on the Standard
Model and beyond*.

*Abstract*:
*In the first lecture I will present the Standard Model (SM) in a form that
is particularly **suitable to incorporate new physics extensions and I will
discuss the **features of the SM that represent a challenge for such
extensions. In the second **lecture I will discuss the possibility to
account for all the SM gauge interactions **in terms of a unified theory,
and in particular the simplest implementation **of such a possibility based
on the SU(5) group. In the last lecture I **will critically review the
Naturalness argument associated to the Higgs mass. **The expectation that
the LHC would have by now found signals of new physics **was based on that
very argument. I will therefore discuss its status in the light **of the
lack of such signals so far. *

*Lectures schedule*:
Lecture 1: THE STANDARD MODEL OF PARTICLE PHYSICS IN A NEW PHYSICS
PERSPECTIVE
Monday, May 15, 2 p.m.

Lecture 2: GRAND UNIFIED EXTENSIONS OF THE STANDARD MODEL
Tuesday, May 16, 11 a.m.

Lecture 3: THE NATURALNESS PROBLEM OF THE STANDARD MODEL AND ITS POSSIBLE
SOLUTIONS IN THE LIGHT OF LHC DATA
Wednesday, May 17, 11 a.m.

Venue: Lecture hall, Ivan Supek Wing.

Please feel free to share this information with those who might be
interested to attend.

With best regards,

RBI Twinning Team
rbi-t-winning.irb.hr

*Twinning Lectures series is delivered as part of the RBI-T-WINNING
<http://rbi-t-winning.irb.hr/index.php?title=RBI-T-WINNING> project which
has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and
innovation programme under grant agreement No 692194.