[seminar] Today: Berislav Buča: Current statistics of open parity-symmetric spin systems

Damir Pajic dpajic at phy.hr
Tue Jul 11 09:48:16 CEST 2017

Podsjetnik na današnji seminar./Reminder for seminar today.

Drage kolegice i kolege,
Drago mi je da mogu najaviti sljedeć‡i Seminar Fizičkog odsjeka i ZCI
QuantiXLie:

Dear colleagues,
I would like to invite you to the following Seminar of the Department of
Physics and ZCI QuantiXLie:

utorak/Tuesday  11.07.2017. u 14:15 h
room F201 (floor II)

Berislav Buča

Department of Medical Physics and Biophysics,
University of Split School of Medicine, Šoltanska 2, 21000 Split, Croatia

In the introduction we discuss non-equilibrium quantum physics of
systems weakly coupled to their environments, and discuss the Lindblad
equation. We then study the full current statistics for interacting
quantum many-body spin systems weakly coupled to the environment. In the
leading order in the system-bath coupling we derive exact spin current
statistics for a large class of parity symmetric spin-1/2 systems driven
by one or more pairs of Markovian baths with local Lindblad coupling
operators. Interestingly, in this class of systems the leading order
current statistics are universal in the leading order, and do not depend
on details of the system. Furthermore, in the specific cases of
anisotropic Heisenberg (XXZ) spin 1/2 chain and the Hubbard model we
derive explicitly the next-to-leading order to the current statistics
using Bethe ansatz techniques.