[seminar] Predavanje dr. T. Saito, 23.08.2017., I krilo, 15.15. sati

Iva Snidaric Iva.Snidaric at irb.hr
Tue Aug 22 09:23:55 CEST 2017

INSTITUT RUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ

ZAGREB

Zavod za eksperimentalnu fiziku

P R E D A V A N J E

SRIJEDA, 23.08.2017. U 15.15 SATI U PREDAVONICI I KRILA IRB

DR. TAKAYUKI SAITO

UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO

ČLAN KOLABORACIJE MAGIC

GAMMA-RAY PULSARS

Abstract:

Thanks to the successful operations of Fermi-LAT and MAGIC telescopes,
the emission mechanism of gamma-ray pulsars has been getting clearer in
the last 10 years. The number of detected pulsars has increased from
less than 10 to more than 200, and it turned out that those emission can
be basically explained as the Curvature radiation from the outer
magnetosphere of the neutron star. On the other hand, it was also found
that the most famous pulsar, Crab, is exceptional. In this seminar, I
will talk about the basic models of gamma-ray pulsars and observational
and theoretical progress in the last 10 years, together with the future
prospect of CTA observations.