[seminar] Twinning Lectures - D. Becirevic, A. Abada (2 - 9 May 2017)

RBI- T-WINNING rbi.t.winning at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:33:38 CEST 2017

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the continuation of *Twinning Lectures series*
<http://rbi-t-winning.irb.hr/index.php?title=Lectures> and to invite you to
attend lectures *Nonperturbative Aspects of QCD* and *Selected Topics in
Physics Beyond the Standard Model* by Dr Damir Bećirević (LPT, Université
Paris Sud (Orsay)), and lectures by Dr Asmâa Abada (LPT, Université Paris
Sud (Orsay)) on *Theory and phenomenology of massive neutrinos and charged
lepton flavor violation*.

LECTURES SCHEDULE:
DAMIR BEĆIREVIĆ: NONPERTURBATIVE ASPECTS OF QCD
Lecture 1: Tuesday, May 2, 10 a.m.
Lecture 2: Wednesday, May 3, 10 a.m.
ABSTRACT: *These lectures will be divided in two parts. We first discuss
the construction **of effective field theories which are used to partly
solve nonperturbative **QCD. We then focus on the subtleties related to
discretisation of the Lagrangian **and composite operators in order to make
the computation of hadronic **quantities based on first principles of the
theory, known as lattice QCD **(LQCD). A few interesting results related to
the QCD vacuum will be discussed.*

ASMÂA ABADA: THEORY AND PHENOMENOLOGY OF MASSIVE NEUTRINOS AND CHARGED
LEPTON FLAVOR VIOLATION
Lecture 1: Thursday, May 4, 10 a.m.
Lecture 2: Friday, May 5, 10 a.m.
ABSTRACT: *These lectures are focused on various theoretical and
phenomenological aspects **of neutrino physics and charged lepton flavor
violation. The first lecture **will provide an introduction to neutrino
physics and the need to call for New **Physics scenarios as well as a
discussion of some well-motivated neutrino **mass generation mechanisms and
their potential testability. The second lecture **will be devoted to
charged lepton flavor violating observables (in high and **low energy
experiments) and their roles in discriminating among the several **New
Physics scenarios. As an example, we address the minimal extension of
the **Standard
Model with sterile fermions.*

DAMIR BEĆIREVIĆ: SELECTED TOPICS IN PHYSICS BEYOND THE STANDARD MODEL
Lecture 1: Monday, May 8, 10 a.m.
Lecture 2: Tuesday, May 9, 10 a.m.
ABSTRACT: *We start from the Higgs sector of the Standard Model to evoke
the hierarchy **problem and some ways to solve it. **We first extend the
Higgs sector by adding an extra doublet and describe the **main issues and
phenomenological consequences arising from the socalled **Two Higgs Doublet
Model (2HDM), and we recall how the hierarchy **problem is solved in the
supersymmetric extensions of the Standard Model. **We then discuss the
constructions of the theories with extra dimension(s) **and how their
compactification might lead to a `solution’ of the hierarchy **problem.*

All lectures will take place in the lecture hall (Ivan Supek Wing),
starting at 10 a.m.

Please feel free to share the information with those who might be
interested to attend.

With best regards,

RBI Twinning Team
rbi-t-winning.irb.hr

*Twinning Lectures series is delivered as part of the RBI-T-WINNING
<http://rbi-t-winning.irb.hr/index.php?title=RBI-T-WINNING> project which
has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and
innovation programme under grant agreement No 692194.