[seminar] Astro Journal Club on 18 May - Visitor talk: Miljenko Cemeljic

Oskari Miettinen oskari at phy.hr
Mon May 16 15:45:09 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Our Astro Journal Club will be held on Wednesday at 3:00 pm (sharp) in the
seminar room F-201 of the Physics Department. This time we will have a
visitor talk given by Miljenko Cemeljic from the Nicolaus Copernicus
Astronomical Center, Warsaw, Poland.

Title: Numerical simulations of star-disk magnetospheric interaction

Abstract: I perform numerical simulations of a star-disk system, in the
viscous and resistive MHD setup. I report long lasting, quasi-stationary
solutions, with different geometries of a stellar magnetic field. I will
present my recent results for accretion disks around different kinds of
central object, from young stellar objects, to white dwarfs and neutron
stars.

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!

Cheers,
Oskari