[seminar] Seminar na IF-u, 15. sijecnja 2016. u 11:00h

Natasa Vujicic natasav at ifs.hr
Fri Jan 8 12:33:27 CET 2016

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenicka cesta 46,

      predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paic

      petak, 15. sijecnja 2016., u 11:00 sati

      Dicke Subradiance vs. Anderson Localization

      Dr. Robin Kaiser

      Institut non linéaire de Nice, UMR 7335 CNRS-Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, France

      E-mail: robin.kaiser at inln.cnrs.fr

      The quest for Anderson localization of light is at the centre of many experimental and   theoretical activities. Cold atoms have emerged as interesting quantum system to study coherent transport properties of light. Initial experiments have established that dilute samples with large optical thickness allow studying weak localization of light.

      The goal of our research is to study coherent transport of photons in dense samples. One important aspect is the quest of Anderson localization of light with cold atoms and its relation to Dicke super- or subradiance and possibly to many body physics with long range interactions.

      In this talk I will give an overview on our research and present results on cooperative scattering of light by cold atoms.

      http://www.inln.cnrs.fr/activites/themesrecherche/atomes-froids

      Voditelji seminara IF-a: Natasa Vujicic i Damir Staresinic