[seminar] [DANAS] [seminar RBI-T-WINNING] S. Wallon, 04.02., (četvrtak) 11 sati (c.t.) predavaona I krila

Kornelija Passek-Kumericki passek at irb.hr
Thu Feb 4 11:14:46 CET 2016

                        SEMINAR  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

                          RBI-T-WINNING seminari

Mueller-Navelet Jets at the LHC: Evidence for High-energy Resummation Effects

Samuel Wallon
Laboratoire de Physique Théorique, Orsay

    Datum:  četvrtak, 04. velajče 2016.
    Vrijeme: 11 sati c.t.
    Mjesto: IRB, predavaona I krila

Sazetak:

We study the production of two forward jets with a large interval of rapidity
at hadron colliders, which was proposed by Mueller and Navelet as a possible
test of the high energy dynamics of QCD, within a complete next-to-leading
logarithm framework. We show that using the Brodsky-Lepage-Mackenzie procedure
to fix the renormalization scale leads to a very good description of the recent
CMS data at the LHC for the azimuthal correlations of the jets. We argue, based
on the comparison of the lowest order non trivial corrections $O(\alpha_s^3)$
to the cross section with predictions of an exact calculation, that the
inclusion of next-to-leading order corrections to the jet vertex significantly
reduces the importance of energy-momentum non-conservation which is inherent to
the BFKL approach, for an asymmetric jet configuration. Finally, we argue that
the double parton scattering contribution is negligible in the kinematics of
actual CMS measurements.

Voditeljica seminara: Kornelija Passek-Kumericki (passek at irb dot hr)