[seminar] Podsjetnik na DANAŠNJI seminar na IF-u u 15:00h - Prof. P. Prelovšek, Ljubljana

Damir Staresinic damirs at ifs.hr
Mon Dec 12 10:02:27 CET 2016

Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,

predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić ponedjeljak, 12. prosinca 2016., u 15:00 sati
>From disordered spin chains to many-body localization
Prof. Peter Prelovšek
Jožef Stefan Institute and Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia

The interplay of disorder and electron interactions is in recent decade one of the most challenging theoretical problems in condensed-matter physics. It is interesting also in connection with experiments in real materials and cold gases on optical lattices. New paradigm is many-body localization, which predicts in systems with strong disorder the nonergodicity and absence of thermalization even in the presence of interaction, and appears to be realized in cold-atom systems. I will present some recent numerical results within the standard models of many-body localization, which confirm the existence of such a state, but I will show also limitations of this phenomenon.

Voditelji seminara IF-a: Nataša Vujičić i Damir Starešinić