[seminar] Podsjetnik na DANAŠNJI seminar na IF-u u 15:00h - Dr. Marko Spasenović (Belgrade)

Osor Barisic obarisic at ifs.hr
Thu May 28 09:02:04 CEST 2015

Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,

predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić četvrtak, 28. svibnja 2015., u 15:00 sati
Graphene for plasmonics and transparent conductors
Dr. Marko Spasenović
Centre for Solid State Physics and New Materials, Institute of Physics, Belgrade, Serbia

Graphene, exhibiting a large electronic carrier mobility and high optical transparency, is an interesting candidate both as a plasmonic material and a transparent conductor. We show experiments along both these research directions. As opposed to plasmons on metal films, graphene plasmons are readily tunable with external electric fields, opening a pathway to on-chip optoelectronic devices. We excite and detect surface plasmons in graphene with a near-field microscope operating in the mid-infrared part of the spectrum. We map plasmon propagation with extreme subwavelength resolution and demonstrate switching of plasmonic modes. To exploit graphene as a transparent conductor, we show facile fabrication of multilayer graphene films by iquid phase exfoliation and subsequent enhancement of their sheet conductivity with chemical treatment.

More about speaker: http://www.graphene.ac.rs/people-marko.html

Voditelji seminara IF-a: Nataša Vujičić i Damir Starešinić