[seminar] Hüffel @ FER, Tue 2nd June, 10h

Ivica Smolic ismolic at phy.hr
Mon Jun 1 09:49:48 CEST 2015

Dear colleagues,

allow me to inform you about the seminar that will be held tomorrow at
FER (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing), Zavod za
primjenjenu fiziku (Department of Applied Physics), Unska 3:

Helmuth Hüffel

(Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna)

Tuesday, 2nd June, at 10h

"From Classical Statistical Physics to Quantum Mechanics and Quantum
Field Theory: Dimers, Gauge Fields and Lifshitz Theory"

Abstract: This talk aims to give an introduction to some modern quantum
field theory aspects of condensed matter physics. Specifically I will
discuss the emergence of gauge field theories in quantum dimer models,
stochastic quantization and Lifshitz theory.

Best regards,

Ivica Smolić