[seminar] reminder: Nina Marković: Designing quantum matter with superconducting nanowires, 15.7.2015. 14:15h F201

Damir Pajic dpajic at phy.hr
Wed Jul 15 12:28:23 CEST 2015

Drage kolegice i kolege / Dear colleagues,

Drago mi je da mogu najaviti sljedeći seminar / I would like to invite
you to the following seminar :

Srijeda 15.7.2015 u 14:15h. predavaonica F201, II.kat

Prof. Nina Marković
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA

Designing quantum matter with superconducting nanowires

Superconducting nanowires are an experimental realization of a model
quantum system that features collective degrees of freedom and exhibits
a host of non-equilibrium and non-local phenomena. The nature of
superconductivity in nanowires is uniquely sensitive to size and shape
quantization, coupling with the environment and proximity effects. In
this talk, I will describe how we can utilize these features in order to
tailor the superconducting properties of nanowires in desirable ways.
Specifically, we have developed novel methods for fabrication of
ultranarrow nanowires with precisely controlled normal resistance and
consistent superconducting properties.  In magnetic field, the
superconductivity in nanowires is affected by vortices, topological
excitations that look like small whirlpools of supercurrent. I will show
how the texture of the superconducting wavefunction can be precisely
controlled by the size, shape, magnetic field and tunable interfaces
with different materials.

Cjeloviti oglas je u prilogu.

Lijep pozdrav,
Damir Pajić

--
doc.dr.sc. Damir Pajic              Department of Physics
Assistant professor                    Faculty of Science

     Bijenička c. 32, HR-10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska(Croatia)

tel +385 1 4605538 mob +385 95 8136706 fax +385 1 4680336