[seminar] Podsjetnik na DANAŠNJI seminar na IF-u u 15:00h

Niksa Krstulovic niksak at ifs.hr
Wed May 14 10:39:46 CEST 2014

Poštovani,
podsjećamo Vas na današnji seminar na Institutu za fiziku u 15:00 sati:

Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,

predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić srijeda, 14. svibnja 2014., u 15:00 sati

Optical Frequency Comb Spectroscopy

Dr. Aleksandra Foltynowicz

Department of Physics

Umeå University, Sweden E-mail: aleksandra.foltynowicz at physics.umu.se

Optical frequency combs are produced by femtosecond mode-locked lasers, whose spectrum consists of a series of equidistant narrow lines spanning tens or hundreds of terahertz. The unique combination of wide optical bandwidth and high spectral resolution has opened up exciting new possibilities in spectroscopy. Spectroscopy performed with optical frequency combs is equivalent to a simultaneous measurement with thousands of narrow synchronized laser lines, and combines the high resolution and sensitivity of continuous wave laser spectroscopy with broad spectral coverage. Optical frequency comb spectroscopy has the potential to become the ultimate tool for trace gas detection since it allows highly sensitive simultaneous detection of many molecular species in short acquisition times.

I will introduce the basics of optical frequency comb spectroscopy and give examples of applications of the technique. I will describe the system we developed in our group, based on a near-infrared Er:fiber frequency comb, an enhancement cavity, and a Fourier transform spectrometer, and present the first results of measurements in a combustion environment.

http://www.physics.umu.se/english/research/AMO+Physics/optical-frequency-comb-spectroscopy/

Voditelji seminara IF-a: Nikša Krstulović i Osor Bari šić

*************************
Nikša Krstulović, PhD
Research associate

Institute of Physics