[seminar] Predavanja o akrecijskim procesima u astrofizici: 10-12.12.

Vernesa Smolcic vs at phy.hr
Wed Dec 3 08:44:46 CET 2014

Postovani,

dr. Petar Mimica (University of Valencia) ce slijedeci tjedan (sri-pet) odrzati niz predavanja o akrecijskim procesima u astrofizici (tocni termini su u nastavku).  Ova predavanja su sastavni dio kolegija poslijediplomskog studija (modul: Astrofizika; Opazacka kozmologija te Fizika zvijezda i zvjezdanih populacija) te su otvorena svima.

Lijep pozdrav,
Vernesa

Seminar 201

10.12 10-14 (1. i 2. predavanje, neto 2x90 minuta)
11.12 10-12 (3. predavanje, neto 90-100 minuta )
12.12 12-15 (4. predavanje neto 100 minuta + opcionalno: extra teme po
zelji publike iz podrucja kojima se bavim [numericka hidrodinamika,
prijenos zracenja, sinteticka opazanja, paralelno programiranje])

selected topics in accretion in astrophysics. In the first lecture the
accretion basics are reviewed, and in the second the accretion disks are
studied in more detail. In the third lecture accretion onto compact
objects is studied, while in the fourth lecture the phenomena related to
relativistic jets are explored.

Lecture 1: I give a motivation and introduction to the study of
accretion processes. Then I give an introduction to the conservation
laws of fluid dynamics and their application to spherically symmetric
accretion. Finally, I review the accretion in binary stellar systems and
give a phenomenological description of the process of accretion disk
formation.

Lecture 2: I begin by introducing thin accretion disks and the
conservation laws that govern them. Then I discuss the viscosity and
give basic estimates for disk evolution, temperature distribution and
observed spectrum. Next I discuss a boundary layer close to the
accreting object, and also give estimates for the observed spectrum.
Finally, I discuss thick accretion disks and finish with classification
of the accretion flows.

Lecture 3: I discuss accretion onto surface of white dwarfs and neutron
stars, and then look into accretion around black holes in more detail.
In the second part of the lecture I discuss how the radiation transport
close to the black hole is computed, and what the observational
predictions for accretion disk images are.

Lecture 4: I discuss the tidal disruption events as transient modes of
accretion. Next I discuss jet launching mechanisms, and give an overview
of jet dynamics and evolution. In the final part of the lecture
numerical simulations of relativistic jets in active galactic nuclei and
gamma-ray bursts are reviewed.