[seminar] DANAS: Govindarajan, Algebraic quantum physics : Statistics, Anomalies, etc.

Kresimir Kumericki kkumer at phy.hr
Wed May 29 06:51:19 CEST 2013

                     SEMINAR  TEORIJSKE  FIZIKE

(Zajednički seminari Fizičkog odsjeka PMF-a te Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku
i Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a)

----[  Algebraic quantum physics : Statistics, Anomalies, etc.  ]----

----[  T. R. Govindarajan

The Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
Chennai 600 113, India

Datum: srijeda, 29. svibnja 2013.
Vrijeme: 11 sati c.t.
Mjesto: PMF, Fizički odsjek, Bijenička c. 32, F-201

Sažetak:

We present a general approach to quantum entanglement and
entropy that is based on algebras of observables and states thereon.
In contrast to more standard treatments, Hilbert space is an emergent
concept, appearing as a representation space of the observable
algebra, once a state is chosen. In this approach, which is based on
the Gelfand-Naimark-Segal construction, the study of subsystems
becomes particularly clear. We explicitly show how the problems
associated with partial trace for the study of entanglement of
identical particles are readily overcome. In particular, a suitable
entanglement measure is proposed, that can be applied to systems of
particles obeying Fermi, Bose, para- and even braid group statistics.
The generality of the method is also illustrated by the study of time
evolution of subsystems emerging from restriction to subalgebras.
Also, problems related to anomalies and quantum epistemology are
discussed.

Voditelj seminara:
Krešimir Kumerički (kkumer at phy.hr)