[seminar] Hueffel, Complex systems, thermodynamics of swarms and thermostatting in the fixpoint

sasa ilijic sasa.ilijic at fer.hr
Thu Feb 14 10:12:00 CET 2013

Zavod za primijenjenu fiziku Fakulteta elektrotehnike i računarstva vas
poziva na seminar koji će održati

*Prof. Dr. Helmuth Hueffel* (University of Vienna)

*"Complex systems, thermodynamics of swarms and thermostatting in the
fixpoint"*

*Sažetak:* Systems may be complex in both their composition (typically many
different kinds of components interacting with each other and their
environments) and in the rich diversity of behavior.  We discuss multiple
Brownian particle models with nonlinear and long range forces.  Numerical
simulations show collapse to a point, freezing to static configurations or
amorphous swarming behavior, respectively.  Analytic understanding of the
systems is provided by studying stability properties of equilibria and
performing a detailed bifurcation analysis.  We introduce a new type of
thermostats, whose meaning is to provide constant temperature for molecular
dynamics simulations as fixpoint solutions of the time evolution.
Seminar će se održati u utorak, 26. veljače 2013. godine, s početkom u 14h,
u predavaoni TCR-a Fakulteta elektrotehnike i računarstva, Unska 3.