[seminar] Seminar na IF-u, 16. travnja 2013. u 15:00h - ovaj put s pravim naslovom

Osor Barisic obarisic at ifs.hr
Tue Apr 9 14:10:51 CEST 2013

Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,
predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić
utorak, 16. travnja 2013., u 15:00 sati

Two-photon frequency comb spectroscopy of the hydrogen 1S-3S transition

Dylan Yost

Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
E-mail: Dylan.Yost at mpq.mpg.de

For this talk, I will discuss the current status of the hydrogen spectroscopy experiments in the Hänsch group at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics with an emphasis on our ongoing effort to measure the hydrogen 1S-3S transition. Our current implementation of this experiment differs from past work in that we use a frequency comb at 205 nm wavelength for Doppler-free excitation of the two-photon 1S-3S transition. This measurement could have a profound influence on our current knowledge of the proton charge radius and quantum electrodynamics.

Voditelji seminara IF-a: Vlasta Horvatić i Osor Bari šić