[seminar] seminar na IF-u, 7. srpnja 2011. u 15:00h

Vlasta Horvatic blecic at ifs.hr
Fri Jul 1 10:23:39 CEST 2011

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenicka cesta 46,

      predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paic

      cetvrtak, 7. srpnja 2011. u 15:00 sati

      Photo-induced phase transitions in electron-lattice and electron-hole systems

      Prof. dr. Tetsuo Ogawa

      Department of Physics, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan

      Photon Pioneers Center, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan

      E-mail: ogawa at acty.phys.sci

      We are interested in dynamical/non-linear responses of condensed matter, in particular, cooperative phenomena related to optically excited states of quantum many-body systems. These phenomena are to be clarified theoretically by microscopic and phenomenological model calculations.

      We shall introduce two types of photoinduced phase transitions: structural and electronic. An essence of the former is described by the simplest model composed of localized electrons and lattice distortions, which exhibits the "photoinduced domino process". The latter contains several aspects of exciton/electron-hole (e-h) and electron-hole-photon physics. We will show that the Coulomb interaction among photocreated carriers leads to the formation of various phases such as exciton gas, e-h plasma, e-h liquids, exciton Bose-Einstein condensate, e-h BCS condensate, and exciton-polariton condensate in a quasiequilibrium situation.

      These findings are useful not only for understanding composite many-body systems but also for designing excited states of matters, leading to new semiconductor lasers and/or new quantum light sources.

      http://www.phys.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/research_groups/group/03-1_ogawa/index.html

      Voditelji seminara IF-a: Vlasta Horvatic i Ivica Zivkovic