[seminar] DANAS - Holger Nielsen, 15. travnja 2011. (petak) u 15:00 c.t., IRB, dvorana I krila

Hrvoje Nikolic hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr
Fri Apr 15 11:47:00 CEST 2011

       INSTITUT Rudjer Boskovic
       ZAVOD ZA TEORIJSKU FIZIKU
       Bijenicka c. 54, Zagreb, Hrvatska

                      SEMINAR ZAVODA ZA TEORIJSKU  FIZIKU
             (Zajednicki seminari Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku i
                 Zavoda za eksperimentalnu fiziku IRB-a i
                 Zavoda za teorijsku fiziku PMF-a)

         Holger Bech Nielsen, The Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark

     "New way of generating gauge symmetries, e.g. Tensor Field Gravity"

       Vrijeme: DANAS - 15. travnja 2011. (petak), 15:00, c.t.

       Mjesto:  Institut Rudjer Boskovic, dvorana I krila

       Sazetak:
Imposing a constraint on a field theory (from outside, or of special
sort to be explained) there will a priori occur inconsistency with the
equations of motion in general. But now we may considering Noethers
second theorem and allow ourselves to adjust the coupling constants.
Then a gauge symmetry will have to appear. This method of obtaining/deriving
gauge symmetry can be used in several examples:
electrodynamics, Yang Mills theory, and finally starting from a tensor
field gravity (with diffeomorphism invariance).

      Voditelj seminara:
      Hrvoje Nikolic (hrvoje at thphys.irb.hr)