[seminar] Kolokvij FO, Lang

hbuljan at phy.hr hbuljan at phy.hr
Wed May 26 12:09:53 CEST 2010

Poštovani kolege,

idući utorak s početkom u 14.15 sati, predavanje naslovljeno
"Probing the local properties of correlated electron
systems: application to cobaltates and iron pnictides"
održati će nam G. Lang iz Dresdena. Dr. Lang je gost
Prof. M. Požeka u sklopu projekta SOLeNeMaR.
Predavanje će se održati u predavaonici F08.

Srdačan pozdrav,
Hrvoje Buljan

KOLOKVIJ FIZIČKOG ODSJEKA

Vrijeme:   utorak 1.6.2010., 14:15 sati (točno)
Mjesto:     Fizički odsjek, Bijenička c. 32, predavaonica F08

   Probing the local properties of correlated electron
   systems: application to cobaltates and iron pnictides

            Guillaume Lang
IFW Dresden (Email: g.m.lang at ifw-dresden.de), Germany

The strong electronic correlations present in systems such as transition
metal oxides induce a rich set of exotic electronic behaviours, including
high-temperature superconductivity. Resonance techniques such as NMR, ESR,
and muSR are powerful tools to study such physics, thanks to their ability
to probe in the bulk the local electronic properties: spin susceptibility
and fluctuations, charge environment, internal field distribution,
couplings... Focussing on nuclear magnetic resonance results, I will give
an overview of the phase diagrams of cobaltates and iron pnictides, two
correlated transition-metal compounds displaying unique behaviours. In a
first part on sodium cobaltates, I will emphasize the systematic presence
of magnetic correlations, as well as that of a doping-dependent energy
scale associated to a low-temperature freezing of spin excitations. In a
second part on iron pnictides, I will mainly show the presence of a local
electronic order in underdoped samples, which acts as a background for the
competition between static magnetism and superconductivity.

			Voditelj seminara FO
			Hrvoje Buljan, hbuljan at phy.hr