[seminar] SEMINAR na IF-u u PONEDJELJAK, 21. 06. 2010.

Berislav Horvatic horvatic at ifs.hr
Wed Jun 16 13:35:53 CEST 2010

ZAJEDNIČKI KOLOKVIJ

INSTITUTA ZA FIZIKU I FIZIČKOG ODSJEKA PMF-a

      Institut za fiziku, Bijenička cesta 46,

      predavaonica u zgradi Mladen Paić

      Ponedjeljak, 21. lipnja 2010, u 14:00 sati

      Modern Photoemission

      - Ideal Probe for New Materials

      dr. sc. Tonica Valla

      Electron Spectroscopy Group,

      Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Department,

      Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York

      E-mail: valla at bnl.gov

      Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy (ARPES) has had a pivotal role in our understanding of new materials. As a momentum-resolved probe of a single-particle spectral function, ARPES provides a complete picture of the quasi-particle dynamics and interactions in a condensed matter system. Here, we will present some recent successes of this technique and give an outline of possible future developments.

      http://infrared.phy.bnl.gov/valla.html

      http://infrared.phy.bnl.gov/index.html

      http://www.bnl.gov/today/story.asp?ITEM_NO=1119

      voditelji seminara   B. Horvatić  i  M. Kralj (IF)   &   H. Buljan (FO)